Dialectical Behavior Therapy belongs to the third wave of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy combining learning and cognitive theory with the wisdom and effectiveness of mindfulness – dialectics to balance change and acceptance
DBT helps you manage overwhelming emotions, break destructive impulsive behaviors, navigate relationships and cultivate mindfulness. It contains skill descriptions complete with rationale and practice tips that will enable you to develop and practice the needed skills. The skills can be implemented into many situations and settings.
Are you experiencing difficulties with feelings and emotion-driven impulsive behaviors? Are you having difficulties maintaining positive relations, ending destructive relationships or safeguarding your self-respect while reaching your interpersonal goals?
Intrusive distressing thoughts and overwhelming emotions are at the core of many difficulties. The skills of the DBT may help you to manage and to find more effective ways to deal with your distress.
DBT will help you to:
* Gain greater understanding on how thoughts, emotions, physiology and behaviors affect eachother;
* Build and manage healthy balanced relationsships and develop tools of communication;
* Cope with overwhelming emotions without acting impulsively;
* Use effective skills to identify, manage and regulate feelings and emotions;
* Change behavior to increase the positive emotions in your life;
* Increase your level of mindfulness and cultivate your awareness and concentration.